Robert C. Torbert
Robert C. Torbert joined the firm in 2006 and has been practicing in Rockford since 1999. He concentrates his practice in estate planning, corporate transactions, tax issues, commercial and residential real estate and litigation.
Mr. Torbert uses his background in tax to develop and implement both simple and complex estate plans and corporate structures with up-to-date tax and succession planning. He also has extensive experience representing multiple municipalities and developers in the Rockford area in commercial and residential developments.
Mr. Torbert currently serves on the Belvidere District 100 School Board and is a member of the Winnebago County Bar Association having previously served as its treasurer. Mr. Torbert received a Bachelors degree, with honors, from Augustana College in 1996 and his Juris Doctorate from the University Of Illinois College Of Law in 1999. He also has a Masters of Science in Taxation from Northern Illinois University so that he can more completely serve his clients.
Areas of Practice
- Estate Planning
- Business Transactions
- Commercial and Residential Real Estate
- Business Litigation
- Illinois, 1999
- Wisconsin, 2009
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 1999
- Northern Illinois University
- M.S.T. (Masters in Tax) - 2008
- University of Illinois College of Law, Champaign, Illinois
- J.D. - 1999
- Augustana College
- B.A. cum laude - 1996
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Belvidere School Board, Member, 2004 - 2005
- Belvidere School Board, Member, 2010
- Belvidere School Board, Member, 2013 - Present
- Winnebago County Bar Association, Member, Treasurer 2011 - 2013